Our Lady and St Peter RC Primary School SEN Review Overview
In carrying out the review, the focus areas were:-
- Leadership of SEND
- The Quality of teaching and learning for pupils with SEND
- Working with parents/carers with SEND
- Assessment and Identification
- Monitoring, tracking and evaluation
- The efficient use of resources
- The quality of SEND provision
The review found:-
- There is a strong commitment to SEND as a school reflected in inclusion and meeting pupils’ needs to achieve positive outcomes.
- All pupils are valued.
- The school ethos and vision are based around commitment to inclusion.
- Heads and senior leaders lead by example.
- High quality expertise that is reactive to need.
- Clear processes and high expectations.
- Understanding and celebrating pupils’ strengths and abilities.
- Pupils and families feel they are treated as partners, with their contributions being respected and valued.
- 99% of parents said they would recommend the school to others.
- 100% of pupils said they "loved coming to school”, “It is exciting, I learn a lot”, “lessons are fun”. “I don’t want to leave”.
- The school’s staff are Quality First Teachers who are knowledgeable about supporting the individual pupil’s needs; match needs to appropriate support and monitor and review progress.
- High expectations for pupils in terms of progress and achievements.
- Records show continuity and progression.
- Regular collection of data shows the progress and provides a full picture of the pupils’ needs.
- Robust systems in place using data to assess and review all the strategies in use.
- Resources in the form of staffing and different programmes are helping the pupils to progress.
- The school has staffing and resources to ensure high quality provision so that all pupils with SEND have their needs met.
Dr Elizabeth Holmes Dr Elaine Bowers
Principal Educational Psychologist Secondary Improvement Partner
Welcome to Our Lady and Saint Peter RC Primary School
As Co-Head Teachers, we believe in the friendly, welcoming environment that characterises our school. When we welcome the child we welcome the family. We hope that anyone visiting our school will also feel the warmth and openness of our welcome. Relationships are very important to us and we do everything we can to encourage positive relationships built on a sense of empathy, trust and honesty.
The education children receive at Our Lady's has Children at the Centre – Jesus at the Heart; we are acknowledged in our local community as a good Catholic school with strong traditions and a culture of inclusiveness. We recognise, through worship, through the liturgy and all aspects of learning and teaching, that every member of the school brings his or her own special gifts and talents to our community. We encourage children to use these to take ownership of their learning and to develop to their full potential. All staff encourage children to have a love of learning and to develop an enquiring mind. We offer a broad, creative curriculum delivered through a wide range of teaching styles, extended learning opportunities and outdoor teaching, to ensure that every child's needs are catered for.
You are always welcome in school whether it is to share in a school event, to support a FRIENDS function or to express a concern. If you would like to make an appointment to see a member of staff please telephone the school office and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
Headteachers Anne Parr & Angela Spencer
Our Lady and Saint Peter R.C. (VA) Primary School