Internet User Statement - Child
At Our Lady and Saint Peter RC Primary School we believe that ICT and the Internet are very positive and powerful learning tools. ICT can make ideas clearer, it can make learning quicker, it can be fun, creative and be enjoyed either when working independently or with others
New technologies have become integral to the lives of children and young people in today’s society, both within schools and in their lives outside school. The internet and other digital information and communications technologies are powerful tools, which open up new opportunities for everyone. These technologies can stimulate discussion, promote creativity and stimulate awareness of context to promote effective learning. Young people should have an entitlement to safe internet access at all times.
This Acceptable Use Policy is intended to ensure:
That young people will be responsible users and stay safe while using the internet and other communications technologies for educational, personal and recreational use.
That school ICT systems and users are protected from accidental or deliberate misuse that could put the security of the systems and users at risk
The school will try to ensure that pupils will have good access to ICT to enhance their learning and will, in return, expect the pupils to agree to be responsible users.
The schools ICT equipment includes, computers, digital cameras, video cameras, a range of software and the Learning Platform.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AGREEMENT
I understand that I must use school ICT systems in a responsible way, to ensure that there is no risk to my safety or to the safety and security of the ICT systems and other users
I must ask for permission to go on the internet and tell my teacher what I am going on.
I understand that the school will monitor my use of the ICT systems and other digital communications.
• I will not disclose or share personal information about myself or others when on-line.
• I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it on-line.
- I will always be very careful when using any ICT equipment.
- I will always leave a computer and ICT equipment as I found it.
- I will only look at or save pictures and text from the internet that is relevant to my learning at school
- I will only use school digital and video cameras when given permission and supervised by my teacher.
- I understand that everyone has equal rights to use technology as a resource
- I understand that the school ICT systems are primarily intended for educational use and that I will not use the systems for personal or recreational use unless I have permission to do so. Nor will I access any websites that are not for educational purposes
- I understand that everything I create or look at on a computer leaves a ‘digital footprint’ that can be traced.
- I understand that the school monitors my use and can check my computer files and the websites I visit at any time.
- I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission
- I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened.
- I will not install or attempt to install programmes of any type on a machine, or store programmes on a computer, nor will I try to alter computer settings
- I understand that I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of school
- No data should be brought in on disks or memory sticks unless specific permission has been granted by a member of staff
I have read through this ICT agreement with my child and agree to these safety restrictions
Name of child: Dat