Autumn Menu 2021
Children stay at school over lunch time. Hot school dinners are available from a choice of daily menus which are cooked on the premises. We also offer a sandwich and jacket potato option. The school’s menus are based on the LA’s Healthy Schools menus. We ask that all dinner money is sent to school at the beginning of the week in an envelope marked with your child’s name and stating the amount paid. School meals are currently £2.20 per day for children in KS2. All children order their lunches during morning registration.
All children in Early Years and Key Stage 1 (Years 1&2) are entitled to a universal infant free school meal; children can choose a hot meal, sandwich or jacket potato. If you so wish, your child could bring their own packed lunch in a box with a drink in a plastic container, but not a fizzy drink. Water is always provided for all children at lunch time.
Children are not allowed sweets in school but we do provide a daily portion of fruit for Early Years and KS1 classes.
All children in Early Years are provided with a water bottle as this has been shown to have a positive benefit to avoid dehydration which many children suffer from. Water bottles can be purchased from the school office for £1.00
Our menu is available to view here
Is my child entitled to free school meals?
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income-based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit - Your annual income assessed by the Department for Work and Pension must be less than £7,400. Any pupil eligible for free school meals before 1 April 2018 when the earned income threshold is introduced will retain their eligibility until then end of universal credit roll-out which is March 2022
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income, assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
(Please note: this amount is subject to change in April every year)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Entitlement to free school meals is kept as confidential as possible.
The free school meal will remain in place for as long as your child continues to attend an East Riding of Yorkshire school and you continue to be entitled to one of the above qualifying benefits.
How do I apply for free school meals?
Phone (01482) 394799. You will need to provide your National Insurance number or registered asylum seekers number or apply online at https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/learning/schools-colleges-and-academies/school-meals/free-school-meals/
The school does not receive notification of free school meal awards, you will receive a text or email to confirm entitlement with a start date. Should your circumstances change, meaning that your child is no longer eligible, you will receive a text or email with an end date and you will need to advise the school accordingly.