Safeguarding at Our Lady and St. Peter's VC Academy
Safeguarding/Child Protection at OLSP
Our Safeguarding leads are:
- Martin Ward Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Stella Clarke Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Angela Spencer Executive Headteacher and Trust Safeguarding Lead
The Trust Directors with responsibility for Safeguarding are:
- Michael Gallagher
- James Sargeant
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who meets children, their families and carers have a role to play in safeguarding children
If you have any concerns about the health, safety, wellbeing of a child at the school, or feel that something may be troubling them, you should share this information with one of our Safeguarding Team above.
In the unlikely event of the Designated Safeguarding Officers not being available the matter should be reported directly to the Local Authority Early Help and Safeguarding Hub 01482 448879 or Police/ Family Protection Unit.
Out of school hours and during school holidays:
- If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the police.
- If your concern is less urgent but you are worried about the welfare of the child, then contact the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub on 01482 448879 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Team on 01482 300304